Friday, February 6, 2009

Hemlock Ring Throw

This project was featured in the recent Knitpicks' Speed Knitting contest. Of course, I know I won't be good enough to enter in the contest and win. The winner of the contest finished this project in 3 days. 3 DAYS!!! That's amazing. I'm only moving along the project slowly. It's absolutely a fun project nonetheless.

I chose a bright yellow Lion Brand Micro Spun yarn. I would love to have this throw on my bed or couch. I think the bright yellow will make a good contrast and brighten the room.

The pattern of this project can be found here.

Though intimidating, the pattern turns out easy enough to follow. I haven't reached the feather and fan section yet, that's for me to worry later.
Here's a picture of my progress. I started this project on Wednesday 2/4/09.




2/19/09 Update
More pictures. It's almost finished. I'm doing the binding off now.


3/20/09 Update
Ugh, so I finished binding off the Hemlock throw, but I still haven't blocked it yet. Can't really find a space in the house that won't be invaded by my dog.

No comments: